These days, many people have difficulty in getting information on quarantine restrictions and requirements during COVID-19, when crossing the border with Ukraine. Among the questions most often arise:
- Can I cross the border?
- Will it be necessary to undergo observation / self-isolation?
- Is a Health Insurance Certificate required?
Since June 14, all countries of the world have been divided into 2 zones, according to the number of active cases of COVID-19 per hundred thousand population. The "Red Zone" includes states with more than 40 active coronavirus cases per hundred thousand population, and the "Green Zone" includes less than 40. The information is updated every day.
All foreign citizens could stay in the country being visited only if they have Health Insurance Certificate covering COVID-19 treatment and observation, must be valid during the whole stay of visitors in Ukraine. The insurance policy must be issued by a company registered in Ukraine.
Important! Position of the country according to "Red Zone" and "Green Zone" shall be taken to account during customs clearance in Ukraine, not during the departure of foreign national from his/her country.
For citizens of "Green Zone" countries
If the country you are in belongs to the country of the "Green Zone", you will be able to cross the Ukrainian border without hindrance and will not be required to undergo testing, observation or self-isolation.
Citizens of countries with a high prevalence of COVID-19 who have not been on their territory in the last 14 days also do not need to be observed.
For citizens of "Red Zone" countries
If your country belongs to the countries of the "Red Zone", then you must install the application "Dii Vdoma" and can choose one of three options:
- Observation in specialized isolators, get there within 24 hours after crossing the Ukrainian border;
- 14 days self-isolation at the place of residence for persons who have agreed to undergo it using the "Dii Vdoma" mobile app, get there within 24 hours after crossing the Ukrainian border;
- Pass the COVID-19 test using the PCR method after crossing the state border, the result will be reported through the application "Dii Vdoma", until you receive the result you cannot leave the place of self-isolation.
Important! When transiting through the country of the "Red Zone", the zone of the country of departure is taken into account.
Up-to-date information on changes in the crossing procedure and changes in the rules of stay on the territory of Ukraine, lists of countries belonging to the "Red" and "Green" zone, etc., can be found on the Visit Ukraine information page.