These days, many people have difficulties in getting information on quarantine restrictions and requirements during COVID-19, when crossing the border with Ukraine. Among the questions most often arise:
- Can I cross the border?
- Will it be necessary to undergo observation / self-isolation?
- Is a Health Insurance Certificate required?
All foreign citizens could stay in the country being visited only if they have Health Insurance Certificate covering COVID-19 treatment and observation, must be valid during the whole stay of visitors in Ukraine. The insurance policy must be issued by a company registered in Ukraine.
All foreign citizens and citizens of Ukraine, as well as stateless persons, need to have one of the following documents:
• a document confirming receipt of one or more doses of COVID-19 vaccine included by WHO in the list of approved for use in emergency situations;
• foreign COVID certificate confirming vaccination against COVID-19 with vaccines that are included in the WHO list of approved for emergency use, negative test result for COVID-19 by PCR or recovery of a person from COVID-19;
• a negative PCR test result or rapid test for the SARS-CoV-2 antigen (RAT, Ag) that was done no more than 72 hours before entry.
Test, vaccination and self-isolation are not required for children under 12.
Foreign tourists over 18 years old who have not been vaccinated against coronavirus and cross the state border to enter must install the Vdoma mobile app, which monitors self-isolation, regardless of the length of stay on the territory of Ukraine.
Self-isolation is not required if you undergo PCR testing or a rapid antigen test within 72 hours of entry and get a negative result.
From September 20, 2021, foreigners and stateless persons who enter Ukraine for the purpose of transit and have documents confirming their departure from the country within 48 hours are exempt from self-isolation and, accordingly, installing the Vdoma application and undergoing testing in Ukraine.
Up-to-date detailed information on changes in the border crossing procedure and changes in the rules of stay on the territory of Ukraine can be found on the Visit Ukraine information page.