These days, many people have difficulties in getting information on quarantine restrictions and requirements during COVID-19, when crossing the border with Ukraine. Among the questions most often arise:
- Can I cross the border?
- Will it be necessary to undergo observation / self-isolation?
- Is a Health Insurance Certificate required?
All foreign citizens could stay in the country being visited only if they have Health Insurance Certificate covering COVID-19 treatment and observation, must be valid during the whole stay of visitors in Ukraine. The insurance policy must be issued by a company registered in Ukraine.
All foreign citizens and citizens of Ukraine, as well as stateless persons need to have one of the following documents:
• a document confirming the receipt of a full course of vaccination against COVID-19 with vaccines included by WHO in the list of approved for use in emergency situations: Pfizer/BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson's Janssen, AstraZeneca / Vaxzevria, AstraZeneca/Covishield (India), AstraZeneca/SKBio (South Korea), Moderna, Sinopharm, CoronaVac (Sinovac);
• a rapid test for the SARS-CoV-2 antigen (RAT, Ag) that was done no more than 72 hours before entry;
• a certificate of a negative PCR test result done no more than 72 hours before the entry.
Test, vaccination and self-isolation are not required for children under 12.
For foreign citizens, there is no possibility to do the PCR test in Ukraine or self-isolate. In the absence of a test / vaccination and/or insurance policy the border crossing for entry or transit will be denied.
If a person has spent more than 7 days in the territory of India, Great Britain, Russia or Portugal within 14 days, he / she must undergo a rapid test to determine the antigen of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus at checkpoints (control points) across the state border.
Up-to-date detailed information on changes in the border crossing procedure and changes in the rules of stay on the territory of Ukraine can be found on the Visit Ukraine information page.